Matcha cookies are a delicious and easy way to enjoy the flavor of matcha. They are soft, chewy, and have a subtle green tint from the matcha powder. These cookies are perfect for a snack, dessert, or to give as a gift.
Ingredients for making matcha cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Steps to make matcha cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the matcha powder and chocolate chips (if using).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a chewier cookie, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Use high-quality matcha powder for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can use other add-ins, such as nuts, dried fruit, or candy.