What is Silk Powder (Silk Fibroin Powder)?
Silk Fibroin Powder is a kind of macromolecular silk fibroin in powder form made from the silk fibroin degummed under high pressure, requires special craft processing, and smash through physical methods. Its molecular weight is about 250000. It is tasteless, odorless, slightly soluble in water, and insoluble in alcohol ether.
The fibroin protein powder consists of layers of antiparallel beta-sheets. Its primary structure mainly consists of the recurrent amino acid sequence (Gly-Ser-Gly-Ala-Gly-Ala)n. The high glycine (and, to a lesser extent, alanine) content allows for tight packing of the sheets, contributing to silk’s rigid structure and tensile strength. A combination of stiffness and toughness makes it a material with applications in several areas, including biomedicine and textile manufacture.
Fibroin powder is known to arrange itself in three structures: silk I, II, and III. Silk I is the natural form of fibroin, as emitted from the Bombyx mori silk glands. And silk II refers to the arrangement of fibroin molecules in spun silk, which has greater strength and is often used in various commercial applications. And silk III is a newly discovered structure of fibroin. Silk III is formed principally in fibroin solutions at an interface (i.e., air-water interface, water-oil interface…).
Natural Silk Culture and History
Silk is a natural protein fiber, and the Chinese often weave it into textiles, the protein fiber of silk composed of fibroin. The larvae of the mulberry silkworm Bombyx mori reared in sericulture is the best-known silk source. The shimmering appearance of silk is due to the silk fiber’s triangular prism-like structure, which allows silk cloth to refract incoming light at different angles, thus producing different colors.
Natural Silk is the Oldest Pride of China
The earliest example of silk fabric has been found in a neolithic site in Henan and is dating back 8,500 years. Silk fabric from 3630 BC was used as wrapping a child’s body from a Yangshao culture site in Qingtaicun at Xingyang, Henan.
Silk as fiber nearest to human skin in the world
Silkworm is a kind of insect belonging to the order Lepidoptera. After peeling off their skin four times, the larva of silkworm would eject silk from the mouth and fix it on the ground before putting up the falsework, which was used as the framework of cocoons, and the project of making cocoons need two to three days. Each mature silkworm has a pair of silk gland which consists of more than 900 gland cells.
At first, the silk gland secret the silk protein as liquid and then hardens to silk fiber as soon as it exposes it to air from the silk tube.
The silk fiber consists of inside organizations fibroin (about 75%）and outside organizations sericin ( about 25%).
The fibroin itself still possesses a 35% interval from the volume. The sericin outside also has the Amino Acids that are a hydrophilic lateral chain, making silk has a great function of absorption of moisture still keeping its comfort and coolness despite torridness.
Silk fiber can bear 35-44Kg/cm² pulling force in a unit of cross-sectional area, and it can still restitute after elongating the 1/7 length of itself, which has excellent flexibility and is light, soft, and fluffy.
Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder Benefits
Skin care effect
- It has the functions of natural moisturizing and skin nourishing
- Possessing the action of inhibiting melanin production,
- Promoting the regeneration of skin tissue, guard against chapping and chemical damage
- Inhibiting the skin cancer
- Silk protein also possesses the function of antioxidant
Hair-caring, hair-nourishing and hairdressing effect.
Silk protein’s hair-caring function depends on the absorbency, absorptivity, film-forming ability, and moisturizing type it received by hair. Compared with other protolysates (collagen, bone collagen, glutin), fibroin’s most prominent feature is that the hair easily absorbs it.
The Nutritional Function of Fibroin Food
Silk protein contains 18 types of amino acids, over 90 percent of which can be absorbed by the human body. Its percentage of amino acids, which are necessary to the human body, reaches more than 17 percent, higher than normal food. Therefore, it is an excellent way of amino acid supplements to add fibroin into the food. Japan began the research of turning silk into food as early as 1983. Like silk cake, biscuits, noodles, soba noodles, jelly glues, ice cream, candies, porridge, drink, soy, and other kinds which contain components of silk, such as mushroom, tea, capsule, tablets, Etc., they have appeared in the market. They are very popular among customers, which become the new generation of healthy food and nourishment in Japan.
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Anticoagulant and anti-HIV activity effects.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Cancer prevention effect.
Functional Materials, Fibers and Textiles
- New electronic material.
- A degradable biological material.
- Synthetic macromolecule materials and products.
- A functional biological membrane.
- Fibers and textiles.
Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder Specification
|Characters||White or slight grayish yellow powders|
|Average Particle Size||2,5,10,40 micron, 350 nanometers|
|Weight Loss On Drying||≤6.0%|
|Residue On Ignition||≤4.0%|
Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder Main Functions
- Natural Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder is an excellent natural moisturizing factor because of the hydrophilic gene’s presence in the structure of silk. It can attach a skinny silk powder layer to the skin’s surface, which can absorb or release water with the change of the skin’s temperature and humidity. This has specific preventive and therapeutic effects on skin protection, preventing and curing various skin diseases caused by moisture and drying.
- The crystalline structure of silk powder can reflect part of ultraviolet rays. The hollows formed by the spiral structure can again absorb the number of ultraviolet rays, making them better sun-screening effect by using the compound of silk powder and sun-screening agent in sunscreen products.
- It has a unique ability to keep the oil, making it more suitable for cosmetics for oily skin.
- The structural features of silk powder can help reduce the reflected light. When used in cosmetics in which the mica powder is taken as substrate, it can reduce the reflected light and make the skin show vivid and soft colors naturally. Compared with talcum powder and titanium dioxide, it has excellent air permeability, and users would feel particularly smooth after applying cosmetics containing silk powder.
- 25Kg/Fiber Drum, double plastic bag inside, with carton outside.
- Sample – aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
Where to buy Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder?
Just send an email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form. We are of service at any time!