What is cosmetic grade silk fibroin powder?
Cosmetic grade silk fibroin powder(silk powder) is a kind of macromolecular silk fibroin in powder form made from the silk fibroin degummed under high pressure, requires special craft processing, and smash through physical methods. Its molecular weight is about 250000. It is tasteless, odorless, slightly soluble in water, and insoluble in alcohol ether.
The fibroin protein powder consists of layers of antiparallel beta-sheets. Its primary structure mainly consists of the recurrent amino acid sequence (Gly-Ser-Gly-Ala-Gly-Ala)n. The high glycine (and, to a lesser extent, alanine) content allows for tight packing of the sheets, contributing to silk’s rigid structure and tensile strength. A combination of stiffness and toughness makes it a material with applications in several areas, including biomedicine and textile manufacture.
Fibroin powder is known to arrange itself in three structures: silk I, II, and III. Silk I is the natural form of fibroin, as emitted from the Bombyx mori silk glands. And silk II refers to the arrangement of fibroin molecules in spun silk, which has greater strength and is often used in various commercial applications. And silk III is a newly discovered structure of fibroin. Silk III is formed principally in fibroin solutions at an interface (i.e., air-water interface, water-oil interface…).
Natural Silk Culture and History
Silk is a natural protein fiber, and the Chinese often weave it into textiles, the protein fiber of silk composed of fibroin. The larvae of the mulberry silkworm Bombyx mori reared in sericulture is the best-known silk source. The shimmering appearance of silk is due to the silk fiber’s triangular prism-like structure, which allows silk cloth to refract incoming light at different angles, thus producing different colors.
Cosmetic grade Silk fibroin powder benefits
Skin care effect
- It has the functions of natural moisturizing and skin nourishing
- Possessing the action of inhibiting melanin production,
- Promoting the regeneration of skin tissue, guard against chapping and chemical damage
- Inhibiting the skin cancer
- Silk protein also possesses the function of antioxidant
Hair-caring, hair-nourishing and hairdressing effect.
Silk protein’s hair-caring function depends on the absorbency, absorptivity, film-forming ability, and moisturizing type it received by hair. Compared with other protolysates (collagen, bone collagen, glutin), fibroin’s most prominent feature is that the hair easily absorbs it.
The nutritional function of fibroin food
Silk protein contains 18 types of amino acids, over 90 percent of which can be absorbed by the human body. Its percentage of amino acids, which are necessary to the human body, reaches more than 17 percent, higher than normal food. Therefore, it is an excellent way of amino acid supplements to add fibroin into the food. Japan began the research of turning silk into food as early as 1983. Like silk cake, biscuits, noodles, soba noodles, jelly glues, ice cream, candies, porridge, drink, soy, and other kinds which contain components of silk, such as mushroom, tea, capsule, tablets, Etc., they have appeared in the market. They are very popular among customers, which become the new generation of healthy food and nourishment in Japan.
Use in medical
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Anticoagulant and anti-HIV activity effects.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Cancer prevention effect.
|Characters||White or slight grayish yellow powders|
|Average Particle Size||2,5,10,40 micron, 350 nanometers|
|Weight Loss On Drying||≤6.0%|
|Residue On Ignition||≤4.0%|
Cosmetic grade Silk fibroin powder functions
- Natural Silk Powder Silk Fibroin Powder is an excellent natural moisturizing factor because of the hydrophilic gene’s presence in the structure of silk. It can attach a skinny silk powder layer to the skin’s surface, which can absorb or release water with the change of the skin’s temperature and humidity. This has specific preventive and therapeutic effects on skin protection, preventing and curing various skin diseases caused by moisture and drying.
- The crystalline structure of silk powder can reflect part of ultraviolet rays. The hollows formed by the spiral structure can again absorb the number of ultraviolet rays, making them better sun-screening effect by using the compound of silk powder and sun-screening agent in sunscreen products.
- It has a unique ability to keep the oil, making it more suitable for cosmetics for oily skin.
- The structural features of silk powder can help reduce the reflected light. When used in cosmetics in which the mica powder is taken as substrate, it can reduce the reflected light and make the skin show vivid and soft colors naturally. Compared with talcum powder and titanium dioxide, it has excellent air permeability, and users would feel particularly smooth after applying cosmetics containing silk powder.
Where to buy cosmetic grade silk fibroin powder?
Just send an email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form. We are of service at any time!