What is Polypodium leucotomos extract powder?
Polypodium leucotomos extract powder extracted from the root of Polypodium Leucotomos, it is brown fine powder and used for the treatment of inflammatory disorders and skin diseases. Recently, clinical research has shown that it has antioxidant and photoprotective properties and taken orally provides protection against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun and other sources. The benefits, mechanistically, are part anti-oxidant and part anti-inflammatory but may be highly related to an induction of p53; a protein that is sometimes known as anti-tumor, but also appears to suppress inflammation while protecting the genome from damage.
What is Polypodium Leucotomos?
Polypodium Leucotomos is a tropical fern plant grown in Central and South America and is marketed as being a polypodium leucotomos supplement for sensitive skin. Most of the studies on Polypodium Leucotomos do note that it appears to have a variety of protective effects against UV induced skin cell radiation, which confers protective effects agains the sun despite absorbing the radiation.
Polypodium leucotomos extract powder benefits
- It is an addition to the armamentarium against the damaging effects of UV radiation exposure, and another layer of protection and used in conjunction with a good sunscreen and protective clothing.
- It is particularly suitable for people whom are photosensitive, especially those with polymorphous light eruption. Clinical trials have been performed in people with skin types II to IV and results show that PLE provides significant protection of skin against UV radiation.
- It can also be used as a chemophotoprotector against PUVA-induced skin phototoxicity. Extensive PUVA treatment results in premature aging changes in the skin and can increase the chance of skin cancer. Fair skinned individuals or those with previous sun or radiation damage are most at risk. In clinical trials, PLE has proven to be the first oral agent effective in reducing the harmful side effects of PUVA treatment.
- It has been used as a naturopathic medicine during the last three decades for the alleviation of vitiligo, psoriasis, dermatitis and multiple sclerosis.
|Identification||Identical to the R.S. sample|
|Extract Ratio||4:1 / 10:1 / 20:1 / 30:1|
|Appearance||Brown Fine Powder|
|Particle Size||100% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Heavy Metals||≤10 ppm|
|Total Plate Count||≤1000 cfu/g|
|Yeast and Mold||≤100 cfu/g|
Store in tightly sealed containers, then place in a cool and dry place and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper drums and two plastic bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.
Where to buy polypodium leucotomos extract powder?
Just send an email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!