What is Griffonia Simpicifolia Extract?
Griffonia Simpicifolia Extract 5-HTP is an extract of Griffonia simplicifolia (syn. Bandeiraea simplicifolia Benth.), which plant is a woody climbing shrub native to West Africa and Central Africa. It grows to about 3 m, and bears greenish flowers followed by black pods. The seeds of the plant are used as an herbal supplement for their 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) content. 5-Hydroxytryptophan is an important building block for the human body to form serotonin, a neurotransmitter. In one “randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial” in 2010 Griffonia simplicifolia extract, administered via oral spray to twenty overweight females resulting in increased satiety.
Griffonia simplicifolia also has a legume lectin called GS Isolectin B4, which binds to alpha-D-galactosyl residues of polysaccharides and glycoproteins. This supplement is often given by spider silk farmers to increase production of stronger silk.
Griffonia seed is a raw material be found principally in the west African countries, mainly in Ghana, Ivory coast and Togo, currently valued for its health and medical potential because of 5-HTP, an amino acid found in the human body. This amino acid is produced when the body metabolizes tryptophan, which is infamous for antidepressant and inducing sleep.
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP is a naturally-occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin from tryptophan.
5-HTP is sold over-the-counter in the United States and Canada as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid, and is also marketed in many European countries for the indication of major depression under trade names like Cincofarm, Levothym, Levotonine, Oxyfan, Telesol, Tript-OH, and Triptum.
- It is sold over-the-counter in the United States and Canada as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid.
- It has been studied and shown to be of benefit in the following conditions: primary fibromyalgia syndrome, Friedreich’s ataxia, depression, anxiety, binge eating associated with obesity, and insomnia.
- Raw materials of drugs for anti-bacterial, anti-depressants, anti-tumor and sedation, it is widely used in fields of pharmaceutical and health products;
- As insomnia, other similar symptoms of psychasthenia and lose weight product raw material, it is widely used in health products industry;
- Dietary supplements increased therapeutic function, it is widely used in fields of dietary supplement products;
- Products of sedative and anti-bacterial, they are widely used to add to beauty products in cosmetic industry.
Griffonia Simpicifolia Extract 5-HTP Specification
|Appearance||Off-White Fine Powder|
|Particle Size||95% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Bulk Density||≥0.3 g/ml|
|Tapped Density||≥0.4 g/ml|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Heavy Metals||≤10 ppm|
|Total Plate Count||≤10000 cfu/g|
|Yeast and Mold||≤500 cfu/g|
|Enterobacterial count||≤10 cfu/g|
Store in tightly sealed containers then place in cool and dry place, and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.
Where to buy Griffonia Simpicifolia Extract 5-HTP?
Just send an email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!