What is Horseradish root extract?
Horseradish root extract powder is extracted from Horseradish (Armoracia rusticana, syn. Cochlearia armoracia), which is a perennial plant of the Brassicaceae family. It is a root vegetable used as a spice. The plant is probably native to southeastern Europe and western Asia. It is now popular around the world. It grows up to 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) tall, and is cultivated primarily for its large, white, tapered root.
The intact horseradish root has hardly any aroma. When cut or grated, however, enzymes from the now-broken plant cells break down sinigrin (a glucosinolate) to produce allyl isothiocyanate (mustard oil), which irritates the mucous membranes of the sinuses and eyes. Grated mash should be used immediately or preserved in vinegar for best flavor. Once exposed to air or heat it will begin to lose its pungency, darken in color, and become unpleasantly bitter tasting over time.
Allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) is the organosulfur compound with the formula CH2CHCH2NCS. This colorless oil is responsible for the pungent taste of mustard, radish, horseradish, and wasabi. This pungency and the lachrymatory effect of AITC is mediated through the TRPA1 and TRPV1 ion channels. It is slightly soluble in water, but more soluble in most organic solvents.
Horseradish root extract benefits
- Horseradish root extract powder is considered a very strong diuretic and diaphoretic that promotes urine flow and heavy sweating, as well as the general removal of fluids and toxins from the body.
- As an expectorant, Horseradish is said to help break up chest congestion and eliminate mucus and waste fluids from the respiratory tract, which has been helpful for alleviating bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, persistent coughs, dry cough, whooping cough and symptoms of influenza.
- Strengthening and toning the function of the stomach and helping to improve digestion, to stimulate circulation whether used internally or externally, and anti-cancer.
|Identification||Identical to the R.S. sample|
|Appearance||Yellow Brown Fine Powder|
|Particle Size||100% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Heavy Metals||≤10 ppm|
|Total Plate Count||≤1000 CFU/g|
|Yeast and Mold||≤100 CFU/g|
Store in tightly sealed containers, then place in a cool and dry place and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper drums and two plastic bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.
Where to buy Horseradish root extract?
Just send an email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!