Pomegranate Peel Extract Ellagic Acid | Polyphenols | Punicalagin
What is Pomegranate Peel Extract?
TIZAN Pomegranate Peel Extract Ellagic Acid | Polyphenols | Punicalagin are extracted from Punica granatum peel, which is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree in the family Lythraceae that grows between 5 and 8 m tall.
In the Northern Hemisphere, the fruit is typically in season from September to February, and in the Southern Hemisphere from March to May. As intact arils or juice, pomegranates are used in cooking, baking, meal garnishes, juice blends, smoothies, and alcoholic beverages, such as cocktails and wine. In the Indian subcontinent’s ancient Ayurveda system of traditional medicine, the pomegranate is frequently described as an ingredient in remedies.
What is Ellagic acid?
Ellagic acid is a natural phenol antioxidant found in pomegranate hull. The antiproliferative and antioxidant properties of ellagic acid have prompted research into its potential health benefits. Ellagic acid is the dilactone of hexahydroxydiphenic acid.
Ellagic acid has antiproliferative and antioxidant properties in a number of in vitro and small-animal models. The antiproliferative properties of ellagic acid may be due to its ability to directly inhibit the DNA binding of certain carcinogens, including nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. As with other polyphenol antioxidants, ellagic acid has a chemoprotective effect in cellular models by reducing oxidative stress.
Ellagic acid has been marketed as a dietary supplement with a range of claimed benefits against cancer, heart disease, and other medical problems. Ellagic acid has been identified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a “Fake Cancer Cure Consumers Should Avoid”. A number of U.S.-based sellers of dietary supplements have received Warning Letters from the Food and Drug Administration for promoting ellagic acid with claims that violate the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
Urolithins, such as urolithin A, are microflora human metabolites of dietary ellagic acid derivatives that are under study as anti-cancer agents. Claims that ellagic acid can treat or prevent cancer in humans have not been proven.
What is Punicalagin?
Punicalagin is an ellagitannin, a type of phenolic compound. It is found in forms alpha and beta in pomegranates (Punica granatum), in Terminalia catappa and Terminalia myriocarpa, and in Combretum molle, the velvet bushwillow, a plant species found in South Africa. These three genera are all Myrtales and the last two are both Combretaceae.
Latin Name: Punica granatum L.
Part of Used: Peel
Active Ingredients: Ellagic Acid, Punicalagin, Polyphenols
- Ellagic Acid 40%, 90% by HPLC
- Punicalagin 20%, 30%, 40% by HPLC
- Polyphenols 40%, 60% by UV
Store in tightly sealed containers then place in cool and dry place, and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.
- With the great effect of preventing and resisting cancer of breast, pancreas, esophagus, skin, colon, prostate and so on.
- With the function of enhancing immunity.
- With the function of anti-virus and antibacterial.
- With the function of hemostasis.
- With the function of antioxidant, anti-radicalization and anti-aging.
- As active ingredients of antibacterial and anticancer drugs, it is widely used in the field of pharmaceutical and health products.
- As food additive and raw material of health products, it widely used in the field of food and health products.
- As antioxidants and additives of whitening products, it is widely used in cosmetics industry.
Where to buy Pomegranate Peel Extract Ellagic Acid | Polyphenols | Punicalagin?
Just send email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!