What is Valerian root extract (Valeric acid)?
Valerian root extract (Valeric acid) is used for dietary supplement. It is a straight-chain alkyl carboxylic acid. Like other low-molecular-weight carboxylic acids, it has a very unpleasant odor. It is found naturally in the perennial flowering plant valerian, from which it gets its name.
What is Valerian?
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, Caprifoliaceae) is a perennial flowering plant, with heads of sweetly scented pink or white flowers that bloom in the summer. Valerian flower extracts were used as a perfume in the 16th century. Native to Europe and parts of Asia, valerian has been introduced into North America.
Compounds of Valerian
Known compounds detected in valerian that may contribute to its method of action are:
- Alkaloids: actinidine, chatinine, shyanthine, valerianine, and valerine
- Isovaleramide may be created in the extraction process.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
- Isovaleric acid
- Iridoids, including valepotriates: isovaltrate and valtrate
- Sesquiterpenes (contained in the volatile oil): valerenic acid, hydroxyvalerenic acid and acetoxyvalerenic acid
- Flavanones: hesperidin, 6-methylapigenin, and linarin
What is Valerian root extract (Valeric acid) Used For?
Its primary use is in the synthesis of its esters. Volatile esters of valeric acid tend to have pleasant odors and are used in perfumes and cosmetics. Ethyl valerate and pentyl valerate are used as food additives because of their fruity flavors. It may have sedative and anxiolytic effects. It uses as a sedative, antiseptic, anticonvulsant, migraine treatment, and pain reliever.
|Valeric Acid||0.4%, 0.8% by HPLC|
|Appearance||Brown Fine Powder|
|Particle Size||100% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Total Plate Count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Yeast and Mold||≤100cfu/g|
- 5:1/10:1 or According to customized
Store in tightly sealed containers, then place in a cool and dry place and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper drums and two plastic bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.
Where to buy Valerian root extract (Valeric acid)?
Just send email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!