White Willow Bark Extract Salicin
What is White Willow Bark Extract Salicin?
TIZAN White Willow Bark Extract Salicin is an alcoholic β-glucoside. Salicin acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in the human body. Salicin is also commonly found in the bark of Populus species, and the leaves of willows and poplars. It is also found in castoreum, which was used as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic. The activity of castoreum has been credited to the accumulation of salicin from willow trees in the beaver’s diet, which is transformed to salicylic acid and has an action very similar to aspirin. Salicin was the historical origin of aspirin and is chemically related to it. When consumed, the acetalic ether bridge is broken down. The two parts of the molecule, glucose and salicyl alcohol, then are metabolized separately. By oxidizing the alcohol function the aromatic part finally is metabolized to salicylic acid. Salicin tastes bitter like quinine. Alkaline cleavage of the glucoside populin produces benzoate and salicin.
What is White Willow?
Salix alba (white willow) is a species of willow native to Europe and western and central Asia. The name derives from the white tone to the undersides of the leaves. It is a medium-sized to large deciduous tree growing up to 10–30 m tall, with a trunk up to 1 m diameter and an irregular, often-leaning crown. The bark is grey-brown, and deeply fissured in older trees. The shoots in the typical species are grey-brown to green-brown. The leaves are paler than most other willows, due to a covering of very fine, silky white hairs, in particular on the underside; they are 5–10 cm long and 0.5–1.5 cm wide. The flowers are produced in catkins in early spring, and pollinated by insects. It is dioecious, with male and female catkins on separate trees; the male catkins are 4–5 cm long, the female catkins 3–4 cm long at pollination, lengthening as the fruit matures. When mature in midsummer, the female catkins comprise numerous small (4 mm) capsules, each containing numerous minute seeds embedded in white down, which aids wind dispersal.
Willow bark could ease aches and pains and reduce fevers. It has long been used in Europe and China for the treatment of these conditions. This remedy is also mentioned in texts from ancient Egypt, Sumer, and Assyria. The first “clinical trial” was reported by Reverend Edward Stone, a vicar from Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire, England, in 1763 with a successful treatment of malarial fever with the willow bark. The bark is often macerated in ethanol to produce a tincture. The active of white willow bark extract, called salicin, after the Latin name Salix, was isolated to its crystalline form in 1828 by Henri Leroux, a French pharmacist, and Raffaele Piria, an Italian chemist, who then succeeded in separating out the acid in its pure state. Salicylic acid, like aspirin, is a chemical derivative of salicin.
Latin Name: Salix alba
Part of Used: Bark
TIZAN White Willow Bark Extract Salicin Specifications
|Salicin||15%, 30%, 50%, 80%, 98% by HPLC|
|Particle Size||100% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤5.0%|
|Total Plate Count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Yeast and Mold||≤100cfu/g|
- It can relieve pain and reduce fevers, including headache, back and neck pain, muscle aches, and menstrual cramps.
- It is a natural alternative to aspirin-one of the most common uses in dietary supplements as an adjunct for weight loss.
- It has the function of treatment inflammation.
- It helps to treat scabies, erysipelas, decayed tooth, swelling in the gum.
- It is effective on dispelling wind-evil, increasing urine, reducing swelling.
- Applied in food field, because of its role to help digestion, is widely used in health supplements.
- Applied in health product field, it can be used as a natural succedaneum for herbal medicine, nutrition or aspirin.
- Applied in cosmetics field, it can inhibit whelk and relieve swelling and pain.with the use of ginkgo, ginseng, aloe and other skin-care products, it can protect skin.
- Applied in feed additive, it is mainly used as feed additive for diminishing inflammation and promoting digestion.
The Best White Willow Bark Extract Salicin Supplier TIZAN
Tizan enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our products, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our product on-time. We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
Why Choose TIZAN White Willow Bark Extract Salicin?
Tizan specialize in White Willow Bark Extract Salicin for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
Where to buy White Willow Bark Extract Salicin?
Just send email to [email protected], or submit your requirement in bottom form, we are of service at any time!
Store in tightly sealed containers then place in cool and dry place, and away from moisture, light, oxygen.
- Packed in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside. N.W:25kgs .I.D.35×H51cm.
- 1Kg/Bag, aluminum foil bag vacuum packing.
- Sample, double sealed water plastic bags inside with the aluminum bag outside.